I passed my test! I can officially put more letters behind my last name. That was a great stress relief to get my results back, so now I can go do all sorts of adventures this summer without worrying about studying.
I went to Girls Camp for a couple of days. It was fun, I forgot how much I loved going to camp back in the day. I haven't downloaded any of my pictures from camp, but I was able to go on one of the hikes and I loved it. If I could have a job that just included going hiking everyday with well-behaved, happy teenagers (which mine were), and I got paid well and it had good benefits ... I would be happy as a pig in poo. So, if anyone sees an opening like that (Stan would prefer one that paid enough for him to be a stay at home dad with no kids), let me know so I can apply for it.
We went to Georgia! I think I could live in Savannah, it was gorgeous! We went to see our BIL and SIL and their cute kids. Here are some pics of our week there.
River Street in Savannah. I can't get over how gorgeous it is there! Kyli and I went running down there one morning, but after a mile I got sick (stupid stomach, hopefully getting it fixed soon) and wimped out, I feel like I need to redeem that run.
My dream home.
The park that Forrest Gump was filmed. There actually isn't a bench there like the one in the movie and for the movie traffic went the opposite direction, but I still had a great time seeing it all. We even stayed just down the street from the café that Jenny worked at.
It wouldn't be a trip to the south without learning a little about the war of northern aggression. I honestly don't think I read any of the signs, I was just excited about the hike here.
Braves Game! It was Freddy Freeman night, so we all got free Freddy Freeman bobbleheads. Could life get any better than 10th row seats and a free bobblehead?!? Oh, and the cow doing the tomahawk chop? I think not.
The Georgia Aquarium. The whale sharks were my favorite. They are huge! And have a posse of fish swimming around with them, it looked like the wimpy kids hanging out with the bully so they get spared giving up their lunch money.
This place was right in downtown Atlanta, I couldn't believe how big just this tank was. They even had a tunnel you could go underneath on a moving walkway and just watch all of the fish.
Not Georgia. But it was in my pictures. We went down to see Grandma and the boys and Charlie enjoyed kicking it on the porch.
More hiking, supposed to be learning about the war. Kalin and Porter love their uncle Stan! They wore him out this week! :)
The beach. Lydia was the best baby! We were in the car for hours and hours and hours and hours! And she didn't cry at all, just enjoyed chewing on her fingers.
I love the look on her face when Porter is tickling her.
We were so lucky to be able to go down there and be with our family this week. Thanks guys for letting us stay with you!
Umm, you know next time you come down to see your grandma you best stop at my house!!! :)
ReplyDelete