Cover

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Southern Cooking

We were able to go to Florida with my dad in September.  I loved the food down there; so, it shouldn't have surprised me to come home and gained 5 pounds.  The weather was perfect and the condo we stayed at was so stinkin' close to the beach.  I want to go back and stay for another few weeks!  Because it was in September there weren't as many crowds; it was fantastic!  Most of the other tourists were from Europe, so I got to hear all sorts of amazing accents.  :) 

We drove up to St Augustine for a day and got to see the castle, and then took a trolley all over town so we could see everything because we didn't have much time.  Fun Fact: I got bit by chiggers while walking through this moat.  Those bites are terrible!!  But, the castle was really cool to see.  I loved this old town and would love to go for a few more days to just explore.  Fun Fact#2: This is a dry moat that they would grow crops in, or they would put their animals in, but it was never filled with water.


 Gorgeous sunrises!  We were busy much of the time, but did make it out to see the sunrise and get some pictures.  I love, love, love watching the sunrise!!!! 
 I forgot to charge our camera before going to Gatorland, so most of our pictures are on the phone, but here is one of the gators jumping for chickens.  This place was a hoot!!  They gave you a few hot dogs and you got to throw them to the gators.  This park was huge!  There were all sorts of boardwalks and paths you could go down to see more gators, snakes, cougars, turtles, flamingos, and crocodiles. 
 Our view from the condo!  This pool was so warm and amazing, but I didn't get in until the last night we were there because we were so busy, plus do you see how close the ocean is?!?!?  It rocked.  We drove into Orlando one day while Dad was at work and played at a waterpark.  I think that I need to have an indoor waterpark near me ... but one with only a few people because I don't like the crowds.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  We didn't take the camera in because I didn't want it to get wet, but it had the coolest waterslides and there were hardly any lines.   
 At Dixie Crossroads, a yummy, fun theme restaurant in Titusville. 
 There were all sorts of statues to get pictures with ... I couldn't pass them up.  :)
 The pier by where we stayed.  I love this view! 
 Trying to get all of us in the picture.  I think Dad probably has a zillion pictures, but I haven't stolen any of them from him yet. 
 More fun at Dixie.
We found a lighthouse in St. Augustine.  We climbed all the way to the top and were able to see forever because they have no mountains ... it is such a weird concept to me!  I loved all the green though, everything except the chiggers was lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment